Do You Hear What I Hear?
Nearly a year ago, I was sitting at the computer, trying to find a walkthrough for Rebekah’s Nancy Drew game she had gotten for her birthday. I still had dial-up then, and it was taking a long time, and it was late – after midnight. The computer was stalled with the ‘hourglass’ symbol on my cursor.
While waiting, I happened to see on the piano the music to “Do You Hear What I Hear?” I’ve often thought about the words, “Do you hear what I hear,” and “Listen to what I say,” and sung a line or two to my kids when they weren’t listening to me. So I went over, and picked up the music.
I sat back down in front of the computer, and an error message came up saying Internet Explorer had to close. With dial-up, I’d waited half an hour to find the right site and download, then download again to get the printable version. I closed everything and tried to start over, but couldn’t get online. I decided to wait a few minutes.
I sat and looked at the words to the song, and it started coming to me… Do You Hear What I Hear?
While waiting, I happened to see on the piano the music to “Do You Hear What I Hear?” I’ve often thought about the words, “Do you hear what I hear,” and “Listen to what I say,” and sung a line or two to my kids when they weren’t listening to me. So I went over, and picked up the music.
I sat back down in front of the computer, and an error message came up saying Internet Explorer had to close. With dial-up, I’d waited half an hour to find the right site and download, then download again to get the printable version. I closed everything and tried to start over, but couldn’t get online. I decided to wait a few minutes.
I sat and looked at the words to the song, and it started coming to me… Do You Hear What I Hear?
Comments