Chili Bean Dementia
Today, we were making chili beans from a can for lunch. I opened the cans, and looked for a particular glass dish that I knew had a glass lid, so I could heat it in the microwave. (plastic stains, you know) These kids -- when they empty the dishwasher, don't put things back where they go! So, I looked in several cabinet doors under the bar, then I went over and looked in the shelves under the counter in the corner. Of course, it was as expected. I didn't see the dish anywhere. I started back to the first set of shelves and stopped. There was the dish sitting on the bar!!! What???I looked at Rebekah. "You put that there, didn't you?"
She kinda laughed, "No, I didn't put it there." (mama, you've lost your mind)
I looked at Bethany. "Did you put it there?"
Bethany laughed, too. "No, Mama. I guess you did."
Now, I know my girls. I know they love tricks, and they got it from me. So I was sure one of them did it to be silly. But they both insisted they didn't, still laughing at me. Well, of course I was skeptical, just knowing they had to have done it. But they still said they didn't. So I went ahead and poured in the cans of chili and heated it in the microwave. (homeschool + busy = quick lunch)
A few minutes later, I heard the beep from where I sat at the computer, helping JohnDavid with history. He finished the problem we were on, and I went back to the kitchen. I opened the microwave, and there were no chili beans inside!!! I looked, and there they sat on the bar!
I looked at the girls. "What!?!" (did I really forget to put them in?)
They burst out laughing. Beka had taken them out of the microwave while I was still at the computer.
Whew! I didn't want to lose my mind twice in 15 minutes!
Comments